Welcome to the beautiful University of British Columbia, located in scenic Vancouver, Canada. Nestled between snow-capped mountains and the sparkling ocean, Vancouver is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. It offers Canada’s best climate: mild winters and warm summers moderated by Pacific Ocean currents. At UBC, you are far from the noise and traffic of the city, yet only 20 minutes away by car from downtown.
Getting to UBC Campus from the Vancouver International Airport (YVR):
By transit from the airport, take the Canada Line Skytrain to Waterfront. Get off at Oakridge-41st station northbound. Transfer to the R4 to UBC to be taken to the main bus link at UBC. Alternatively, take the Canada Line Skytrain to Waterfront, get off at Olympic Village and take the #84 to UBC to arrive at the main bus link at UBC.
For more information:
Attractions on UBC Campus:
- Eating and Drinking: UBC Food Services
- Museum of Anthropology, Beaty Biodiversity Museum, Morris and Helen Belkin Art Gallery, Nitobe Memorial Garden, and more.
Accommodations at UBC Campus during the Summer (May-Aug):
From least to most expensive (updated 2020). *Note that some accommodations do not allow children under 19, some rates include breakfast and/or dinner, and some require you to bring specific amenities with you.
Pacific Spirit Hostel (shared facilities)
- Dormitory rooms, 1-2 occupants, from ~$49 / night
Campus Dormitories (shared facilities)
- Dormitory rooms from ~$175 / night at Gage Apartments
- Dormitory rooms from ~$72 / night at St. Andrews Hall (Presbyterian College)
- Dormitory rooms at Marine Drive Residence (not available)
- Residential theological college, hotel style with en-suite bathroom, 1-4 occupants, from ~$72 / night
- Residential college for graduate students and visiting scholars, guest house, studio apartment, hotel style, 1-2 occupants, from ~$120 / night. (Beakfast is served from Monday-Friday and dinners from Sunday-Thursday)
- Residential theological college, hotel style with en-suite bathroom, 1-2 occupants, from ~$126 / night
- Residential college for graduate students and visiting scholars, hotel style residence rooms, 1 occupant, from ~$168 / night, double and queen, 1-2 occupants, from ~$189/ night. ( Dinner is served Sun-Thu, breakfast is served Sun-Fri.)
- Hotel style, double and queen, 1-4 occupants, from ~$175 / night
- starting at ~$185 / night (up to four adults, king or double)
- Hotel style, double and queen, 1-2 occupants (not available)
TRIUMF House (further from venues)
Peter Wall Institute for Advanced Studies (rooms only occasionally available)
airbnb search the “UBC Bus Loop”