To our out-of-town guests:
Welcome to the beautiful University of British Columbia, located in scenic Vancouver, Canada. Nestled between snow-capped mountains and the sparkling ocean, Vancouver is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. It offers Canada’s best climate: mild winters and warm summers moderated by Pacific Ocean currents. At UBC, you are far from the noise and traffic of the city, yet only 20 minutes away by car from downtown.
GETTING TO UBC Campus from the Vancouver International Airport (YVR):
From the YVR Airport to UBC’s Point Gray campus, a taxi costs $34 (flat rate).
By transit from the airport, take the Canada Line Skytrain to Waterfront. Get off at Oakridge-41st station northbound. Transfer to either the #43 UBC or the #41 UBC buses. From there, you will be taken to the main bus link at UBC.
For more information:
See the general UBC Maps, Directions, & Tours page.
ATTRACTIONS ON UBC Campus:
- Eating and Drinking: UBC Food Services
- Museum of Anthropology, Beaty Biodiversity Museum, Morris and Helen Belkin Art Gallery, Nitobe Memorial Garden, and MORE.
ACCOMMODATION AT UBC Campus during the Summer (May-Aug):
From least to most expensive (updated 2015). *Note that some accommodations do not allow children under 18, some rates include breakfast and/or dinner, and some require you to bring specific amenities with you.
Pacific Spirit Hostel (shared facilities)
- Dormitory rooms, 1-2 occupants, from ~$38 to ~$75 / night
Campus Dormitories (shared facilities)
- Dormitory rooms from ~$65 / night at Gage Apartments
- Dormitory rooms from ~$65 / night at St. Andrews Hall (Presbyterian College)
- Dormitory rooms at Marine Drive Residence (not available)
- Residential theological college, hotel style with en-suite bathroom, 1-2 occupants, from ~$85 to ~$95 / night
- Residential college for graduate students and visiting scholars, guest house, studio apartment, hotel style, 1-2 occupants, from ~$85 to ~$145 / night
- Residential theological college, hotel style with en-suite bathroom, 1-4 occupants, from ~$100 to ~$130 / night
- Hotel style, double and queen, 1-2 occupants (not available)
- Hotel style, double and queen, 1-4 occupants, from ~$145 to ~170 / night
- Residential college for graduate students and visiting scholars, hotel style residence rooms, 1 occupant, from ~$75 / night, double and queen, 1-2 occupants, from ~$120 to ~$150/ night. ( Dinner is served Sun-Thu, breakfast is served Mon-Fri.)
- starting at ~$200 / night (up to four adults, king or double)
TRIUMF House (further from venues)
Peter Wall Institute for Advanced Studies (rooms only occasionally available)
airbnb search the “UBC Bus Loop”